RE: [OM] First Olympus OM? (kinda long)

Subject: RE: [OM] First Olympus OM? (kinda long)
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 13:17:19 -0700
As alluded to in an earlier message, my first OM was the OM-10 (with
T20 flash, nothing else) that I bought in the early 80's to take pictures of
my kids as they grew up.  That camera kept me happy until the late
80's, when I lost interest and put it into storage (batteries removed, of
course!).

In 1998, my marriage fell apart and I was looking for a diversion from my
troubles, so I pulled the OM-10 out of the closet, put fresh batteries in it,
and away I went.  Shortly thereafter, I added a Carsen 135/2.8 Macro for
*way* more than it was worth.

That kept me happy until I discovered this list in mid-1999.  The rest, as
they say, is a long and sordid tale.  Now, with more bodies and lenses
than one can shake a stick at (but certainly *not* as many as Tom!), I
tend to prefer the OM-4 for general use, the OM-77AF for "shoot and go"
situations, and the OM-2 for when I'm in a "keep it simple" mood.  On
the rangefinder side of the line, I like the XA/A-11 combo for "stealth"
work, but prefer using the 35RC as it's sooooo "retro."  I'm soon going to
have my recently-acquired Pen F home from the shop, so we'll have to
reserve judgement on the Pen line until I've had a chance to play with it.

Oh, yeah, lest I forget...  in August 2000, recognizing that *I* certainly
*don't* have a problem controlling *my* Olympus collecting urges, I set-
up the Zuikoholics Anonymous web site
(http://www.joinco.ca/zuikoholism) in order to help those who are
subjugated by this evil disease (i.e. all of *you* poor souls!).  Since
then, I have devoted my life to helping the addicted and, of course,
assisting with testing gear for those that haven't the time or inclination.
(HINT!  HINT!)

Hope that little bit of history was enlightening.

Regards,

Chris

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca