Re: [OM] Lens sharpness

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens sharpness
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 13:21:54 -0700
On 28 Oct 2001, at 11:36, M. Royer wrote:

> Today's camera companies have instead adopted the 'planned obselecence'
> model of building. That is introducing a model and then superceding that
> model after only a few years by the 'New, Improved, Super Camera of
> Tomorrow' thus making your stuff look like chaep obselete crap in
> comparison, this especially applies to AF zoom lenses.

Of course, the companies have a pretty easy time doing this, since
much of what they put out these days is cheap crap to begin with.
They just hide this fact by putting hefty price tags on it, but it's *still*
cheap crap from what I've seen.

> Its just something about that lens that gave my hand cramps where I could
> handhold even my Zuiko 300/4.5 and still get nice pics.

Too true!  Handholding the 300/4.5 is a joy!

Regards,

Chris

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca