RE: [OM] Rebuilding My OM-1n

Subject: RE: [OM] Rebuilding My OM-1n
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 16:08:51 -0600
Jim -

Be absolutely certain those are really mercury  cells by testing them with a
digital volt meter, they should read no more than 1.4 volts. If your
multimeter is really accurate, they should be  spot-on 1.35 volts with no
load.

There have been cells made in China sold as mercury, but really not, and
they seem to have a voltage higher than mercury  cells, but lower than
alkaline cells.

On the other  hand, the modification to make the  OM1(n) accept standard
silver oxide cells is very easy, if you have any experience at all with
soldering electronic circuts.

Chip Stratton