Re: [OM] Lens sharpness

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens sharpness
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 21:59:28 +0800
At the beginning I don't want to give my comment on that, since personally I
also don't like the 28/2.8 due to its color rendering. But my experience is
totally different from yours. The 28/2.8 is sharp, a bit lack of color with
normal to high contrast, resolution is fine although not outstanding.

I rare use the 28mm/2.8 in recently years, so I don't have a good sample to
show you, but if you are interested below is a snap inside an airport in
Germany. Which was shot with Fuji Sensia RD 100 at F2.8 and around 1/30s.
It is a 2700dpi full resolution scan in JPEG with size of ~1.3MB. Although
it is not a 4000dpi scan but good enough to see there is no color bleeding.

http://www.glink.net.hk/~photogrp/28.jpg

Please keep in mind it is a wide open shot and what you see at 1:1 on
your 15" monitor is actually larger than 48 inches wide.

Talking about Zuiko 28mm, I once own two 28/2, two 28/2.8 and finally I'm
keeping the 28/3.5, which seems ballanced very well on color, resolution
and price, but a bit too slow.

C.H.Ling