[OM] First Olympus

Subject: [OM] First Olympus
From: "Mike Stoesz" <mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 07:00:28 +0900
Good day;

I purchased my first Olympus in 1965 in a small camera store in San
Diego while I was in the Navy.  It was a Pen F.  They had just come out
and were being highly promoted.  I thought this is just what I need for
a travel camera.  It came with a 38mm f/1.8 lens and I was satisfied
with it for about a month.  Went back to the store and purchased a 50-90
zoom, lovely lens.  Shortly thereafter the shutter jammed on the Pen F
and I returned to the store, they fixed it at NC and I purchased a 150mm
lens.  I carried these with me to Vietnam for 18 months, and Adak,
Alaska for nearly a year.  Along the way I also acquired a Pen-W (sold
it too early and TOO CHEAP).

I no longer have the Pen-F but have had several other Pen-F and FTs
since.  Now the finders are too dark and do not work well for me.  But,
since 1990 I have been using:
OM1n, OM2n, OM4t, with 24f2.8, 50f/1.4, 50f/1.8, 50f/3.5 macro,
135f/2.8, 200f/4, 300f/4.5,
Tokina ATX 35-70f2.8, 90mm f/2.5 Tamron Macro.  In the past two weeks I
have acquired a Tokina 50-200 and Olympus Zuiko 85-250.   This stuff is
multiplying and some item need to find new homes---SO--

My Olympus rangefinder/viewfinder collection is for sale.  Includes:
35EC, 35EC-2, 35ECR,
35SPn, XA w/ A11, XA2 Black w/A11, XA-2 RED with RED A-11, Olympus
AutoEye,
Olympus EEM (two versions of this 126 camera), 35 ED, Olympus Pen EF,
Pen Rapid EES,
Pen EES-EL, and possibly some others I cannot remember.

Please contact me off-list for details.  Thanks

Best wishes to all, Mike
mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx