Re: [OM] Any thing wrong with the OM2?

Subject: Re: [OM] Any thing wrong with the OM2?
From: Dean <dean-yoshizumi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:30:27 -0600

<< Is the OM2n much preferred over the OM2? If so, why? thanks.

not in my book. The OM2 takes longer TTL timed exposures. Only advantage to
the 2n is the flash ready light in the viewfinder....hardly necessary. It was
only a minor "improvement" later in production. Either one is a wonderful
camera. Rather a moot point to me.

Thanks for the info. A couple more questions, if I may. I'm a bit confused about the X-sync speed of the OM2. The OM2n is 1/60, but the OM2 keeps the shutter open until "enough" light is registered. What does this translate into as far as sync speed and general flash and fill flash usage? Do you pretty much have to make sure you have enough flash power to cover your subject to avoid a longer shutter speed? thanks.
-dean