RE: [OM] Xmas Xchange

Subject: RE: [OM] Xmas Xchange
From: "gries" <gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:24:28 -0600
O.K.  this is an experiment to see how the list members use their OM
equipment in creative and exciting ways.  Each participant will submit
their address to be exchanged randomly (and anonymously) to another
member who will in turn send their best 8x10 photo.  No two members will
receive a gift from the person to whom they sent.

I have done this w/ other friends for other things such as paintings,
books, etc. so that we can all share in each others creativity w/o
having to shell out $.  This puts everyone on the same level to do their
best and have something that cannot be considered in terms of the
almighty dollar (or any other currency of your choice).

I hope that some of us architectural shooters can see something
spectacular done w/ telephoto, macro, etc. that we may not be able to do
w/ our own equipment.  Or it may serve to inspire us to do more w/ what
we have.  It would also be best to give a description along with the
photo so that we can learn different techniques, etc.  Include all
information as possible so as to give an accurate representation of the
moment that you captured on film.  I hope that the satisfaction of
having a *real* print in your hands will make the experience of
photography more exciting than the flat computer screen.

Thanks to all who have already submitted your information, and I will be
sending out individual addresses to those who have not responded by the
first week in November.

Bob Gries

<snip>

Okay, someone 'splain for us recent rejoiners.