Re: [OM] Macro methods

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro methods
From: Clendon Gibson <bsandyman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:47:57 -0800 (PST)
OK Peter, I am enlightened. (Just don't call me grass
hoper.)

I have only very rarely used a lens that said macro on
it and can not vouch for the quality of the design of
these lenses. (None of them where Zuiks or Vivatars or
the other names you see on here complete with drool.)

For a long time I used exclusively extension tubes,
with results that I found pleasing. I have recently
used a bellows, and again found the results to be
good.

I love close up lenses because you can use them in
conditions where it is difficult or impossible to use
tubes. (IMHO) These also have rendered good results
for me.

I think the answer to your question then (given this
new info) is a macro lens with extension tubes. The
reason I say this is because I think it will be
difficult or very expensive to get a 1:1 macro lens.

(My mouth is now big enough to accomodate my foot
incase this statement also prove false.)

If you want to see actual results though, check out
the tope gallery.
http://www.millennics.com/olympus/tope/gallery.html

You can see a bunch of macro shots with brief
explanations of the equipment used.