Re: [OM] Clean OM-2S bodies for sale

Subject: Re: [OM] Clean OM-2S bodies for sale
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 18:34:24 -0800

I'm with you Ken, I try to be reasonably careful but
my used bodies look used. There is comfort in useing
equipment that is somewhat ratty looking. You don't
have to worry about every little tap or bump, but can
concentrate on what your doing. Besides, it makes
people think I know what I'm doing and I belong there
taking pictures. Talent is nothing, image is
everthing. <G>   John(not fooling nobody) Robison

That's at least three of us. My original 4T is my "beater" and it's 100% functional. I couldn't begin to tell you where and how all that black paint was rubbed off. Getting used I suppose. I've two other bodies, bought used later on--both black, another 4T and a 4Ti. The latter, by the way, came to me pristine from B&H and just last week or so I managed to give it its first scar. I leaned over it in my cab trying to vacuum the floor by the driver's pedals and the pressure rubbed the strap ring against the upper right-hand corner of the body, which was sitting in the shotgun seat, leaving a clear case of "brass," or in this camera's case titanium.

Big deal. I didn't do it on purpose. But this stuff happens in the field.

Anyway, all I see a camera for is to take pictures. Sitting around admiring the looks of this gear is not part of my gig. And if a little brassing knocks a few hundred bucks off the sale price of an otherwise perfect body then I say all the better for savvy buyers.

Tris