Re: [OM] Canadian repair sources

Subject: Re: [OM] Canadian repair sources
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:58:08 -0700
At 08:49 PM 29/10/2001 -0700, Chris O'Neill wrote:
>Do any of my brethern Canucks know of a good repair shop in Canada
>that knows what they're doing with OM equipment?  And, perhaps just
>as important, are there any shops that are best avoided?  'Nuther words,
>some person experiences with Canadian repair shops would be
>interesting.

Chris:

Photo-Tech in the west end of Edmonton is a factory authorized repair centre
for Olympus (amongst others).  They did a good job repairing my ailing Winder
2, and it was relatively cheap, too (replaced the circuit board).  I've also
used them for the Centurion-S I dropped whilst in Drumheller (although they had
to send that to Oly USA).  I've never used 'em for anything else, like say a
CLA, although I did take my 100/2.0 in to them for cleaning (they had to send
that off, too -- no facilities for dust-free handling of disassembled lenses).
Shops like McBain Camera use them for repairs.

Their Website (where you can get all the relevant contact info) is at:

   http://www.phototech.ca/

Don't use their e-mail link -- they check it about once a decade, I think.  ;-)

Garth