[OM] Re: Olympus IS1000- Oly Instruction Manual and accesories

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus IS1000- Oly Instruction Manual and accesories
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:57:43 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "olympus-digest" <owner-olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 5:23 AM
Subject: olympus-digest V2 #2826

> Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:13:20 -0800
> From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Olympus IS1000-  Oly Instruction Manual and accesories
>
> While they don't seem to have the IS-1000 on the Olympus America website, you
> can download PDF manuals for the IS-1,  IS-2, IS-3, IS-10, IS 30, AND
> IS-300/IS-30 DLX from the website:
> http://www.olympusamerica.com/innards/download_manuals.asp . Also avaliable
> are
> manuals for the AX, OM-1, 2, 2S, 3ti, 4t, pc, 88, and 77AF as wll as manuals
> for
> many P&S, APS, and digitals. Perhaps Hans can grab these (I don't know what
> Olympus would say about that if anything) I t would be easier than scanning
> them
> in, why reinvent the wheel?

Yes Jim, I found this as well last night and the fact is I was gonna send a
mail today
with the subject "Found a gold mine..." to Hans...   ;-)

I agree. Not only would it be much easier but the scans themselves also seem to
be of
rather good quality (no tilt and details ok as far as I could see). I only had
time to
look at the iS-30/iS-300 PDF, but despite the name of the file it seemed to be
for iS-30
only since there was no mention that the built-in panorama mode is non-existant
in the
iS-300. Unfortunately neither the black nor the silver Centurion are included
among the
APS cameras. Maybe the S variant now has been discontinued not only in Europe
but also in
the US? Anyway, providing it's ok for Hans to use these PDFs it should save
much work for
him. One potential problem could be that Olympus America probably doesn't
answer to mails
coming from outside the Americas, so maybe one of the US list members
eventually will have
to ask if it's ok to copy these PDFs.

Regards,

Per Nordenberg