[OM] More pix on the web

Subject: [OM] More pix on the web
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:37:55 -0000
I have finally got around to sticking a load of photos up on the web.
So far it is just a collection of pix from a group cycling holiday, so
as to share them with others on the trip, so I don't claim many
photographic points for most of them. There are a few I'm pleased with
though. If you're interested, have a look at
www.john.palmer.dial.pipex.com . All Oly, of course! More serious
stuff will find its way onto the site when time permits. All feedback
welcome - this is my first go at web publishing so there's a lot to
learn.

There were a few lessons I learned from this trip:

1) OM4Ti plus 35-70/3.5-4.5 is a lovely little travel kit and produces
very good results. I've printed a few of these at A4 and quality looks
pretty good.

2) A T20 just doesn't have the legs to cope with group shots on 100
ISO film. In some of the "Drunks in Luchon" and "Made it" shots you
will see depth of field problems because I had to shoot wide open. The
ones in which nothing is in focus were due to the photographer's
synapses being heavily polluted with the local Eau de Vie. Or Eau de
Mort as I thought it should be called the following morning.

3) If you are cycling up the Col de Tourmalet, don't carry a 24/2.8
and 135/2.8 in your bag. After the first few miles you will feel every
extra gramme/ounce with every pedal stroke. You will be sweating so
profusely that if you take the lens off the camera you risk flooding
the inside. And you will be too exhausted to think about composing
properly, and shaking too much to shoot sharp anyway.

It's a pity I didn't take
http://www.john.palmer.dial.pipex.com/medium/742-09.jpg - I would love
to be represented by it in TOPE 1!

In velo veritas