Re: [OM] Using 1.4X-A + auto extension tube to use on lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Using 1.4X-A + auto extension tube to use on lenses
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 00:48:27 +0100
: Will the 1.4x-a + an auto extension tube allow one to
: safely and effectively use the 1.4x-a with lenses not
: designed for this teleconverter. Is it worth pursuing
: or will the changes in distance make the telconverter
: somewhat useless? This is kind of a moot point since I
: don't own a 1.4x-a, but I might be getting one in the
: future.

If you put an extension tube on for instance the 135/2.8 (incompatible with
the 1.4XA) you get a tele macro lens that will only focus at a couple of
decimeters. This will also be true if you put the 1.4XA behind this combi,
but the magnification increases. So it's only useful for macro work with
extended working distance.

hnz