Re: [OM] Angenieux

Subject: Re: [OM] Angenieux
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:30:07 -0700
So if I have $800 -$1000 burning in my pocket, should I buy this one or a used 35-80 Zuiko?

At 10:02 AM 11/1/2001 +1100, you wrote:
1. Legendary french manufacturer (esp. cine lenses).
2. They invented the modern wide angle retrofocus lens.
3. Serious Cult lens - http://people.smu.edu/rmonagha/third/cult.html
4. Some other lenses are good because they copied Angenieux designs.
5. Leica SLR users hunt them down - this one in a Leica mount is stampede
territory.
6. Rare in Olympus mount.
7. People who KNOW would go quiet, bow and make way for you.
8. We may not see its like again. Show some respect!
9. Anyone lend me $800?
AndrewF
(Zuiko - schmuiko!)

>Don't mean to be too snobbish here, but are they serious???  $799 for this
>lens.  I know it ain't no Angenieux, but my Soligor in this same
>zoom/aperature range set me back a grand total of about $45.
>
>Anyone familiar with etc etc, flame away.  I just don't see it personally.
>If you're going to tread in that sort of economic territory, it better say
>Zuiko on it...
>

>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1289491451

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]