Re: [OM] Blue Moon

Subject: Re: [OM] Blue Moon
From: "Howard" <howar125@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:07:06 -0500
Good luck!

My advice is, to wit:  (1) a long exposures will not be sharp since the moon
is moving, so no 4 minute exposures; (2) since the moon is basically sun lit
the sunny 16 rule applies---f11 to f/16 at 1 /your film's ISO as your
shutter speed; but, (3) the best approach would be to spot meter on the full
moon, and open up one, and bracket in one third over, 2/3s etc...

I made some very good moon shots with Provia 100F about a month ago, with
both a 1.4X TC and my OM 2X-A and was very pleased with the results. With
your Zuiko 350/2.8 on a good sturdy tripod given proper exposure your images
should be great!  BTW, I personally would start with f/8 at circa 1/250,
open up and bracket.

Good luck and have fun!!!!