Re: [OM] Zuiko 90mmf/2 macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 90mmf/2 macro
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 09:19:44 +0800
First the web photo is too small in pixel size, second a cheap flatbed
is far away from a normal film scanner. I just wonder someone is going
to print to a web photo for such comparison.

On the other hand, in my experience 90/2 is not the highest resolution
Zuiko macro, if you need the sharpest, get the 80/4, even 50/3.5 has
higher resolution. 90/2 is a general purpose macro, the largest
aperture 90mm macro in the world, with excellent color and not bad in
resolution, just not as good as the 80/4. For non Zuiko, I think gary
had mentioned the Nikon 55 2.8 macro, it is a very sharp lens but I
have never try one. I think no one can say which is the sharpest macro
around without head to head extensive comparison.

C.H.Ling

 Page: http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/olympuslist.html >