RE: [OM] OM-4/4T modifications?

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-4/4T modifications?
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 12:42:06 +1100
> Roger Wesson [mailto:roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Alternative method of getting rid of annoying beeping sounds
> - get an OM-1!

Got one just last week. I find myself trying to halfpress
the shutter and looking for the yellow light in the viewfinder.

I won't say "My other car's a Porsche" for fear of reprisals, but
I *will* say my other camera's a Canon EOS <grin>.

It's an odd feeling working with both (and I will not say the
EOS is better, because it would miss many points). OM1 appears
to overexpose by 1 stop compared to the Canon (or the Canon
underexposes by 1 stop....). Not sure if this is a problem
with the meter, or just "different", and I can always adjust
the film speed.

> And about coffee - it should be BLACK, no milk, no sugar, no
> chocolate, no cinnamon, just freshly ground beans immersed in
> hot (not boiling) water for approximately six minutes.

Blech! Milk and lots of, caramel, and maybe some cream on top when
The Glutton takes control of my mind. Call be a barbarian, but
"black" tastes like tar to me. :-)

Cheers
Marc
(raised from age 3 on such coffee...)