Re: [OM] Zuiko 90mmf/2 macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 90mmf/2 macro
From: "Howard" <howar125@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 21:56:47 -0500
It is not the equipment, it is the other factors----the techniques, the
light, the focus, the mechanics, the film (i.e. negative vs. positive) and
last but not least the photographer that account for the differences you are
wondering about. John Shaw's images were most certainly not shot on 200
print film without a tripod. In essence, you are comparing apples to
oranges.

In addition, I agree with Chip's message relative to web photos displayed on
computer monitors. However, aside from this the fundamental issues as
afore-mentioned account for the differences you have described. The Zuiko
90mm macro is not much better than most other such lenses absent use of a
sturdy tripod and proper application of fundamental macro techniques, such
as positioning parallel to the subject (the spider) matter. So, one should
hesitate to blame the lens, especially a 90mm Zuiko. It is truly a great
macro lens, but no greater than its user.

Good luck!