Re:(ot) coffee was [OM] OM-4/4T modifications?

Subject: Re:(ot) coffee was [OM] OM-4/4T modifications?
From: Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 08:45:16 -0800 (PST)
I personally find that a pot of expresso goes very well with
processing B&W negatives.  The jitters that you get from the
expresso are perfect for shaking the bubbles from the film.

I don't particularily care for regular coffee (prefer tea), but
I love expresso.  I was given an expresso maker a couple years
ago and have been "perfecting" my brewing technique ever since.
Came across a blend from an Aussie company that I've tried to
mimmick.  It's called "Puts Hair On Your Teeth And Calls You
Betsie!"  Really!

With expresso, it's very important to not get bitter results.
Bitter and Strong are two very different things.  I hate bitter!
 Over-tamping the grounds will usually cause bitterness.

I've come across a coffee blend (pre-ground in a can. I know,
it's blasphemy) called Cardona Supremo.  It's an unique blend of
Columbian Aribica beans.  This stuff is so smooth and does make
a good cup of coffee from the drip maker too, but works best in
a coffee press.  (ok, I do like a good cup of coffee)

Otherwise, when I'm "rolling my own", I put a Columbian bean in
the bottom of the grounds cup and only heavily tamp the first
1/2 inch (1 cm). This will be my "filter" for the rest.  Fill
the bottom half up with a nice Supremo-blend, and lightly tamp.
Next quarter will be an Aribic bean, finely ground, and finally
an African bean coarsely ground at the top.  Lightly tamp to
keep the water flow slow.  The acidic African been will help
pull out the richness of the aribic and columbian beans but will
get filtered out before hitting the pot.

Also, it is vital that your pot and expresso cups are hot. For
some reason hot expresso hitting cold ceramic just pulls the
acids right up into your taste buds.

Like a good cup of tea, expresso and coffee needs no
adulteration.

I really should photograph the process with the OMs.

AG-Schnozz