Re: [OM] 28mm 2.8 Zuiko's!

Subject: Re: [OM] 28mm 2.8 Zuiko's!
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 21:10:58 -0600
While I am sure you meant Gary Edwards, I'll jump in.

I find pricing vs. value an interesting conversation.  A good price is one
where you're happy with the transaction.  $130 is on the high-side, but not
completely out of line for a really excellent lens.  As I've said before,
the 28/2.8 is one of the best values in Zuikodom, second only to the 50/1.8
mij.

I've owned all three variations of the 28.  The one I still own is the
28/2.8.  To my uncritical, amateur eye, the difference in quality between
the 28/2.8 and the 28/2 (a truly stellar performer) is pretty small.   The
price difference, though, is quite large.  So, it all comes down to one
f-stop.  Is it worth not only the extra money, but the extra size and
weight?

Not to me.

Keep the 28/2.8 and go make fantastic pictures with it!

Tom

From: "John and Helen Wheeler"
<snip>
but now I know there's a gentleman in Texas who's shaking his
head and muttering, "There's one born every minute.")
But I'd also welcome any comparison with the faster versions in terms of
performance.
Regards,
John Wheeler
PS. Whoops, that's $US130 plus that State TAX!