Re: [OM] UniGrip experience?

Subject: Re: [OM] UniGrip experience?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 19:11:37 -0800
I hope anyone doesn't think I was raining on their parade, as the Uni
Grip *does* look pretty nice.  My point was that if all you're after is a
better "handle" for your camera, "user" Winders can be found for less
than that, as Bill just pointed out.  As another example, I recently sold a
Winder 2 that wasn't working properly in "sequence" mode for $40 and
the guy who bought it was happier than a pig in mud, although I think
he's gonna leave the batteries in it and use it as a Winder 1.

Also, another alternative might be no-name (or third party) flash grips. I've seen these in the "junk bin" at used camera stores for pretty darned
cheap.  Or, for those who are *really* tight on funds, one can always
tape a block of wood to their camera...  black electrical tape shouldn't
look too shabby, but the "handyman's secret weapon" might give it an
interesting look!  :-)

Regards,

Chris

And it is new, not "like new" or "bargain".
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California