Re: [OM] Re:(ot) coffee

Subject: Re: [OM] Re:(ot) coffee
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 14:11:20 +1100
>In a message dated 11/1/01 10:30:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>> I'll know the US is taking
>>  coffee seriously when they make Starbuck's illegal instead of exporting the
>>  evil concept.
>
>Here, here, Andrew!  I HATE Starbucks coffee.  Tastes over-roasted, even
>burned, to me.  As a sailor, I love the NAME, but hate the coffee.
>"Seattle's Best" coffee is palatable, in contrast.  Strong is one thing,
>burned is another.
>
>Rich

I was referring more to the "let's bugger it up with flavourings, offer it
700 combinations (all crap), give you a choice of adding several different
white liquids (none of them actually proper milk) and then persuade
everyone that it is fashionable so that the good Italian coffee houses go
out of business" syndrome. The Macdonalds of coffee. Latte? - if I wanted a
milkshake I'd ask for one!
AndrewF
(The caffeine curmudgeon).