[OM] Tokina 50-250 Question

Subject: [OM] Tokina 50-250 Question
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 20:59:38 -0600
James Olson asked:

"A few days ago there was talk about the Tokina and Olympus 50-250 possibly
being the same lens. As I am very interested in acquiring an Olympus
50-250, if anyone has more information, or the comparisons between the two,
I would be very interested in hearing more.
Is the Tokina 55mm filter sized?"

I have the Tokina AT-X 50-250, which is an f/4~5.6. It takes a 55mm filter, and is a very nice lens. When I got it, there was a discussion about it being the same lens as the Zuiko.... personally, I doubt it, as they look quite different, based on pictures in the eSIF (I've never handled the Olympus 50~250). If anyone is interested, contact me off list and I'll e-mail an image of the Tokina, made by laying it on my flatbed scanner! I do not know the optical formula for the Tokina, unfortunately.

Curt Hedman