Re: [OM] OT: Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Computers
From: Robert Winters <prairiewinters@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 21:11:17 -0800
>From what I have seen and heard XP looks like a pretty good OS.  But it is
not going to make me come to the other side anymore that OSX is going to
make Tom Scales give Apple's Unix based system a try.

Microsoft is working overtime trying to make all the PC people  think they
just have to have the newest.  TechTV said they would probably advise to
just wait until it comes loaded on a new computer.  Apple on the other hand
is doing likewise with 10.1 making it work or supported only on newer
machines.  But software guys like Tom come up with unsupported utilities to
make it work on older computers and I am sure that really irritates Apple.

An example of Microsoft's attempt to rule the world.  You buy a digital
camera from Kodak which has its own manipulation software.  You loaded in
the drivers for the Kodak and no matter what you did it took you to
Microsoft's version.  Kodak had to threaten and cajole before Microsoft
would make the necessary change.  I sold my Gates shares in 1987 and I guess
I never got over how wealthy I would have been if I would have hung in
there.  Sour Grapes!

Bob Winters