Re: [OM] OT: Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Computers
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 08:19:53 -0700
On 4 Nov 2001, at 5:56, Tom Scales wrote:

> You're right, the Windows environment is a clone of Apple-----who stole
> it from Xerox.
>
> Let's give credit, where credit is due.

LOL!  How right you are!

If only:

1.  Xerox had known what a gem they had when they invented the
graphical user interface

2.  Digital Research had known what a dumb move it was to snub IBM
when they wanted to buy/license CP/M for their new "personal
computer" (that's what "PC" stands for, for those too young to
remember)

3.  Seattle Computers had known what a deal they gave Billy when he
bought Seattle DOS (?) for 'bout $80K and turned it into MS-DOS.

4.  The Commadore Amiga had caught on (now THERE was a
computer!)

(SIGH!)

Chris

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca