Re: [OM] OT: Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Computers
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 15:47:22 +0000
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
I agree with you Paul, but my G4 has 4 PCI slots available and an Adaptec 2906 card mated nicely with all my SCSI devices (scanner, CD-RW (yes, I now have 2 as there's one built in) and Zip250).

As Garth said, RAM is nearly free so I have 3 256 DIMMs installed as well for using Photoshop (Elements, I can't justify buying the full programme).

And Virtual PC runs fast enough for stuff from work.

OM content: my scanner is a 35mm one for scanning my lovely OM work (well, some of it is quite good :>)).

Chris