Re: [OM] How to fix sticking OM-2 shutter?

Subject: Re: [OM] How to fix sticking OM-2 shutter?
From: Larry Knight <L2Co@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 18:28:37 -0500
Hello all;

  I just joined this group today, so I'll bet this has already been
answered previously, but here goes anyway:

  I have an OM-2 whose shutter has recently been sticking open when a
picture is taken. I have replaced the batteries with brand new silver
oxides, and have measured them with a digital voltmeter (both show just
over 1.5 volts).

  I can of course close the shutter by pressing the magic little button
an rotating the shutter speed ring to B.

  So, is this an electrical problem, or a mechanical one that can be
fixed by cleaning and lubrication? Has anyone else on this group actually
had this exact problem on an OM-2? How did you fix it?

 Thanks in advance.
Larry Knight
Marietta, Georgia