RE: [OM] Made in Japan 50mm

Subject: RE: [OM] Made in Japan 50mm
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 01:26:02 -0800 (PST)
The 50mm MIJ series lenses are the latest formulation
and many say they have the best performance, however
they do have plastic apeture rings and may not have
the durability of their older brothers. Still they are
fast, light, very good performers, and cheap which
makes them perhaps the best bang for your buck in the
entire Zuiko lineup. In fact for any camera system the
50mm/1.8 is perhaps on of their highest performing
lenses since 50mm is the standard optic, and every
35mm mount's 50mm standard lens (except Leica) is very
cheap.

Mark Lloyd