[OM] Pentax M42 Screwmount to Olympus OM

Subject: [OM] Pentax M42 Screwmount to Olympus OM
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 02:03:14 -0800 (PST)
I was wondering if there ever was an adapter made that
would allow the Pentax M42 mount to be used on an OM
body without the need for extra elements. I ask this
because today at a house sale I just saw a lens that
got me excited... I mean REALLY excited, really ultra
super excited, ultra super duper excited. I saw a
Kilfitt Zoomar 500/5.6 mirror lens. From what I've
heard and read about Kilfitt Zoomar has led me to
believe that they are/were? one of the best
manufacturers of lenses ever, that they only ever made
a few of their lenses and that each one was tested
with glass plates and concrete tripods (or something
like that).

This guy (who is like 70 years old) got it for his
Pentax Spotmatic but the Spotmatic died in salt water
dunking and he moved on to Nikon (the lens luckily
wasn't on the camera) He was apparently a 'Prosumer'
who bought the lens thinking he's use it but in
actuality only very rarely took it out of the box. Its
in great condition only a few scuffs and really nice
glass. He's asking $450 for it, which is really
expensive but I think this is one of 'those' lenses
that only come along once in a lifetime for any price.
I might be putting up a 300/4.5 Zuiko soon :)

Anyway has anyone ever heard of/seen a Pentax screw/OM
 adapter around? If not I'll have to look for an old
Spotmatic or K1000 body just for this lens. Thanks for
your time and many apologies for the length.

Mark Lloyd