Re: [OM] OM-4Ti + T-20, F280

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4Ti + T-20, F280
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 19:35:38 +0100
>Is the TTL Auto Cord F 0.6m the only one that will sync the F280 w/ the
>-4Ti?

Yes it is, for super FP that is. Only way to do it is through the
built-in shoe on top of the camera, and consequently you will need
that cord.

>I also have what I suspect to be the 5 pin cord for the T series
>flashes that hooks up to the front of the camera? And the bottom of the
>bounce grip.  I don't have it in front of me, but it came w/ a shoe 4
>type connector for the OM-2n.  I did not realize that the cord and the
>connector were 2 different pieces until I looked at the esif.  Can this
>combo be used w/ the F280? That is, the 5 pin connector from the camera
>to bounce grip w/ the F280 on the bounce grip?

This will work with 'normal' TTL-flash - just like with the flash
sitting on top of a non-Ti OM-4 - and also with manual flash, but not
with super FP (contacts missing).
The grip won't give power to the flash tho.

>All these cords have me confused.  It just seems awkward that the F 0.6m
>cord hooks to the top of the camera and gets in the way of the
>viewfinder.  Also, is this type 4 connector the one to use w/ the -1n?

Yes, it is, for all T-flashes (and the F-280)

>I know it won't give TTL, but it will give flash ready light? No?

Yes, it will give flash ready signal in the 1N viewfinder.

>Would the sync cord on the bottom of the bounce grip do this as well?

No. Missing contacts...

>Thanks for all the help!
>

>Bob Gries

Frank van Lindert