Re: [OM] Shade for 50/1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] Shade for 50/1.2
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 23:45:57 +0100
: This is just my opinion, so I could be wrong (usually 'bout a 50/50
: proposition), but doesn't the shape of the hood depend solely on the
: focal length of the lens it is designed for?  If so, wouldn't a hood
: designed for a 50/whatever work with *any* 50mm lens???

You're 50% right :0
Of course you would have to consider filter size for screw-in hoods and
outer diameter for slide-on hoods. In the case of the non-macro, MF 50mm
lenses for Olympus OM, the F1.2, F1.4 and F1.8 - they all use a 51mm
slide-on hood. The 1.4 and 1.8 share the same hood, which also can be used
on the 1.2. But the dedicated hood that exists for the 1.2 allows it to be
mounted reversed for storage for instance in everready cases.

hnz