[OM] Polarisers?

Subject: [OM] Polarisers?
From: Damon Wood <deewhy_au@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:27:09 +1100 (EST)
Hi pples,

I am just making a query about polarisers.

I have a 49mm Circular Polarizer (Hoya) which I find quite useful for my OM10,
but have not used it for my OM2n.

Do some cameras like those above require a specific polariser if one is to be
used and if so, would it be OK if I attached my C.POL to the OM2n (it works
great with the OM10).

Am i right in stating that you have more control over reflections on you
subject/s with a polarizing lens than a L.POL (as there is only a linear
grating insted of a circular one)?

Oh, one more thing.

Ive got a natural density NDx4 (Hoya) filter as well. Im new to ND's and what
circumstances could I use this in?

Ive already taken pictures of the midday sun with both my C.POL and the NDx4 of
the sun in pure daylight (obviously to gain correct exposure).

Cheers guys!!!!!!!!!!!! Am grateful to any response

:)

Damon Wood
Dip. Technology (Applied Science)
Advanced Manufacturing Technology Centre (AMTC)
Sustainable Development (BSc)
Undergraduate Student
Murdoch University
Secretary M.C.C. WASTCA