[OM] Pentax M42 to OM mount adapter

Subject: [OM] Pentax M42 to OM mount adapter
From: Larry Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 02:11:15 -0500
I picked up an M42 lens -> OM mount adapter on Ebay quite a while ago.
It has a lens element in it to allow infinity focusing.  The brand
name is Marumi, which I take to be a reputable (or at least reasonable)
filter/accessory maker that does not have much presence in the U.S.

I believe the extra element slightly increases the effective focal
length of the attached M42 lens - you could have a 550mm (or so)
telephoto with the adapter.

If you got such an adapter but really don't want the extra element,
you could always punch out the element and loose infinity focus!