Re: [OM] Polarisers?

Subject: Re: [OM] Polarisers?
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 06:31:32 +0000
Hi Damon

Welcome to the List ;-).

A circular polariser will work with any OM to the best of my knowledge. It's linear polarisers which might not work with an OM2SP, 3 or 4, because of the metering system. However, it has always worked OK for me.

Some say that the ND4 filter is pretty useless, but it is of great use if you want to use a slow shutter speed and the light is such that you can't unless you reduce the light coming into the camera - an ND4 is ideal for that... not that I have ever had one handy when I wanted to blur the water in a stream for instance.

Cheers

chris