Re: [OM] Warming filters

Subject: Re: [OM] Warming filters
From: "Howard" <howar125@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 20:29:42 -0500
Hi John,

Warming filters are essential to render accurate colors outdoors, especially
on cloudy days.  All the successful pros that I know use them religiously to
add warmth. They are particularly helpful when shooting slide films like
Provia, which seem to have a blue cast to them. I prefer the 81A and 81B.
The 81B is also useful when using artificial light for portraits, as it
results in a slightly warmer color reproduction. You might also consider
filters by B+W and Singh-Ray. The latter is favored by top pros with whom I
have spent time shooting. Why are you committed to Heliopan? I have used
both Heliopan, Hoya, B+W and several lesser brands, and honestly cannot tell
much difference between the first three named. I definitely recommend that
you try a warming filter like the 81A. Good luck!
Howard