Re: [OM] Macro 20mm Lens for Bellows

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro 20mm Lens for Bellows
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:17:16 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Hans van Veluwen wrote:

> I just wondered: is there any serious use to put one of these macro lenses
> on a microscope, or a microscope lens on a bellows with PM-MTob?

Not really.  Microscope objectives are either corrected for the tube focal
length (usually around 160mm) or they're infinity corrected.  If they're
infinity corrected, there is an element in the tube which will focus the
objective to the occular (ie. eyepiece).  You then of course need to go
through the occular to get an image.  I suppose you could put all of this
together around a bellows, but then you would just end up with a microscope,
so why not just start with one :-)
                                -mark