Re: [OM] A difficult assignment

Subject: Re: [OM] A difficult assignment
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 02:27:17 +0100
Yo,

on Wed, 7 Nov 2001 21:44:52 +0100, Hans van Veluwen wrote:

>I'ld be sure to take along some super fast (3200 ASA) B&W film (Illford
>Delta Prof, Kodak T-Max 3200 Prof) film. Never mind the grain. Beautiful
>grain isn't ugly ;) and better than completely underexposed negatives.

I might take a roll of Delta in addition to what I've got. But the guys at
my photo store warned me that the grain in those films is really heavy, and
I just don't like grainy films.

>A spot meter would be nice to meter from the faces, but maybe you can do
>some close focus metering in advance?

Possibly. Though with torches burning out and being moved around the
available light might change rather quickly.

>Colour film? The only colour will be
>reddish glows from the torches.

Which can convey the mood rather nicely, sometimes, IMHO.

>But if you insist on colour - the new Fuji
>NPX is great and can be pushed to 1600 or 3200 with less grain than 1600 ASA
>films.

I'll see whether I can find some. Haven't seen it anywhere yet.

>Good luck and let us know how it went.

Sure will. I hope that I'll get a few shots worth posting in my gallery.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx