Re: [OM] A difficult assignment

Subject: Re: [OM] A difficult assignment
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 19:54:19 -0800

I agree re grain in general. I also agree that filters would be the wrong approach since it would only make proper exposure am dicier proposition still. I say take care of cast issues on the desktop afterward.

You seem to have experience with the new NPX emulsion from Fuji. Care to fill me in, or show some work with it? I'm always on the lookout for something with speed for the street.

Tris

: Apart from the torches, the only light will be from some street lights
: outside the cemetary, may be 50 - 75 m (165 - 250 ft) away, and possibly
: from the moon, depending on weather conditions.

Last week it was full moon, so november 18 isn't, right? Not a full moon,
big chance of bad weather in this time of the year with heavy clouds (like
today), scenery lit with torches and street lamps 50m away...

I'ld be sure to take along some super fast (3200 ASA) B&W film (Illford
Delta Prof, Kodak T-Max 3200 Prof) film. Never mind the grain. Beautiful
grain isn't ugly ;) and better than completely underexposed negatives. A
spot meter would be nice to meter from the faces, but maybe you can do some
close focus metering in advance? Colour film? The only colour will be
reddish glows from the torches. But if you insist on colour - the new Fuji
NPX is great and can be pushed to 1600 or 3200 with less grain than 1600 ASA
films.

Good luck and let us know how it went.

hnz