Re: [OM] NY Times: pros switching to digital photography

Subject: Re: [OM] NY Times: pros switching to digital photography
From: "Andrew Beals <bandy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>" <bandy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 21:16:39 -0800
On Wed, 07 Nov 2001 22:04:40 -0600, "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [e20]
> It focuses and shoots, I suspect as fast as an AF SLR.

If you're shooting a manual-focus SLR with a small enough aperture/short
enough lens and fast enough film or good-sized flash, you don't need to focus
that often.

Perhaps the E20 has sped up the time by not cycling the lens back to start
before it tries to focus, but instead figures photos shot one after the other
will have approximately the same focus.

        andy

ps. Great news on the e20 tho...now if my company's stock would say triple in
value....sigh!