Re: [OM] Photoshop Results!

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoshop Results!
From: "W.Xato" <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 23:18:50 -0800 (PST)
Steve, I sort of do the same thing as you. I have my
favorite programs that I used to use and continue to
use even though I have PS 5.5. I use MGI Photosuite
for its ease in use in getting my scanner up and
running and scanning a bmp file. I also use it for the
dial in Smart Blur, which I haven't found a way to do
easily in PS 5.5. I like to use Kai PhotoSoap for its
ease in painting on specific areas of contrast,
brightness, sharpness and blurring. I like to use
ACDCee for its ability to dial in a bit of softening
when I save something to jpg.

--- Steve Goss <steveg3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I usually don't use the effects  (beyond sharpen,
> unsharp mask, and very
> occasionally soften) because with my limited
> artistic abilities they always
> make my pictures look worse. If you have found one
> that works for you, use it.
> Your modified picture looks fine.
>
> Now, to add my two cents to what others are talking
> about on this thread: I use
> Micrografx Photo Magic Version 4 even though it's
> four years old. Why?  because
> I'm used to it, and because I got it for $25.00,
> with a $20.00 rebate.
>
> Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa

=====
Warren Xato