[OM] Winder battery holders

Subject: [OM] Winder battery holders
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 08:15:09 EST
I have a Winder 2 which works flawlessly when I use the battery holder out of
my other Winder 2 or Winder 1.  The battery holder was damaged by leakage.
I'soaked the terminal ends in a solution of baking soda and warm water and
scrubbed it with a toothbrush. Thought of maybe trying to resolder the end
which has a little solder on it.  1) Does anyone have any experience with
messing with these things and getting them to work? 2) Are they still
available new? 3) Does anyone have a used "unleaked on" one they would sell
or trade?  Thanks in advance. Bill barber