Re: [OM] Lenses: The Good, the Bad, and the Average.

Subject: Re: [OM] Lenses: The Good, the Bad, and the Average.
From: Dean <dean-yoshizumi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 19:48:29 -0600

2) if you're a poor student or "hemhorroging" money (a new expr I learned from the list the other day, means you have a bunch, I think)

I'm far from hemorrhaging $. In fact, if I could get a transfusion I would!

24 mm. I use the 24/2.8 SC (yes, Ken it's a silvernoze), with a lot of joy. It's compact and light and in my non-professional eyes very sharp. The 24/2 is one stop faster and probably even sharper, but also slightly heavier and twice the price. The 24mm is ideal for scenics and IMHO portraits

Hmm. I really want a 24mm that will not vignette with a Cokin P filter - with all but one filter thread cut off, and a Polarizer. Will these work?

thanks to everyone for the input. it is appreciated.

-dean