Re: [OM] Lenses: The Good, the Bad, and the Average.

Subject: Re: [OM] Lenses: The Good, the Bad, and the Average.
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 20:48:29 -0600
Ah, a tough, tough question.  I suppose I can have an opinion, as I own, or
have owned, all the variations in your list.

As mentioned, it comes down to money, so I'll approach it from a budgetary
perspective.  My prices assume lots of patience in finding a good bargain.
Add some money if you 'want it now'.

24/2.8 - $140
50/1.8 - $25
100/2.8 - $125
135/3.5 - $40
200/5 - $90
-------------
$430

21/3.5 - $300
50/1.4 - $75
100/2.8 - $125
135/2.8 - $100
200/4 - $120
--------
$720

21/2 - $570
50/1.2 - $270
90/2 - $650
135/2.8 - $100
180/2.8 - $470
$2060

Don't forget the 65-200/4 zoom as an option for $200 or so.

If it was me, I'd go 21/3.5, 50/1.8, 100/2.8, 200/4

A good start with excellent coverage.  The 135/3.5 could exchange for the
100/2.8.  Don't forget the 85/2 at $200 or so.  A wonderful lens.

Too many answers, too many options.

Tom