RE: [OM] SUV's and Zuiko's

Subject: RE: [OM] SUV's and Zuiko's
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 18:20:01 +0000
Lucky chap Marc. Mind you, I don't let my lovely wife read my OM posts, as it would confirm me in her eyes as an anorak.

I like the abbreviation LMOCC by the way. The LMOCC war was quite heated, but nothing like some we have seen since.

My LMOCC has been in the garage since last Saturday, and I won't get it out until next Monday afternoon. It creaks, has warning lights stuck on on the instrument panel, the central locking makes a strange noise at auto lock speed (10mph) and at last the garage is sorting it out. No it is not a 10 year-old Jeep (:>)), it is an 18 month-old Mercedes ML270 CDi (diesel - 34mpg). I think it must have been a Friday vehicle in Tallahassee ... it's a good thing it has a 3 year warranty.

But it is lovely to drive and carries a tripod, a Camcane and 3 camera bags with all our other luggage on holiday - that means that I am *allowed* to take all my gear and I don't have to make a decision about what to leave behind!

Chris