Re: [OM] SUV's and Zuiko's

Subject: Re: [OM] SUV's and Zuiko's
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 10:33:47 -0800
Wayne,

My sincerest apologies Wayne. sorry to have offended anyone.

I will admit to being somewhat insensitive in this area. Probably comes from
living in the Pacific NW where the SUV may well be the ultimate status
symbol. Everyone who is anyone seems to own an SUV, but never drive them off
paved surfaces. For those who need them, they can be indeed usefull. In the
US, for many (not all) people automobiles are as much (if not more) about
status, image, and personal ego as they are about transportation. Hence my
'useless' (as in lacking utility) comment. (Self deploring pun intended.)
Not that there is anything wrong with the above, we all purchase things
partly based on these issues. My personal value system just does not highly
value autombiles. Now bicycles, that's a different matter altogether! :)

Jim Couch