[OM] (Fwd) Sizing mages for the web

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) Sizing mages for the web
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 12:09:43 +1300
Oops, forgot to include the group in the mailing. B
From:                   Brian Swale <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:                     gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:                Sizing Images for the web
Send reply to:          bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent:              Sat, 10 Nov 2001 12:06:17 +1300

Hi Bob,

For most of my html authoring I use Arachnophilia. < ;-)> (true, I do)

Free (as Careware) from P. Lutus, Port Hadlock, WA

www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia

and under Tools there is a function (image size of something). You put the
cursor on the name of the gif or jpeg name that you want constrained, press
the function, and the program does the rest.

Then you can put the image in a table, and place it left, centre or right.
Functions there for that too. Or use Style Sheets.

 Remember to do something like 'border="0" '  in there otherwise silly MSIE
puts a border around every image, and lots of peopel still use MSIE. {:=<

The other  humungous programs that I use for Large files don't have this
feature. (Ist page,  Script Worx 4.0 ) But they save large files (>1.4 MB )
better than Arachnophilia. Arachnophilia is neat and very easy to read.

Brian