Re: [OM] PICS

Subject: Re: [OM] PICS
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 17:22:53 -0600
On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 06:07:21PM -0500, Robinsnes@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Forget the built in flash. I have no idea what it is good for other
> than to confuse the faithful.

It does a very good job of fill flash, and is powerful enough out to 15 feet
or so.

One thing I've found that I can't explain, though: When the camera is set to
second-curtain sync and either slow sync mode or else manual or
shutter-preferred with a slow speed, the flash fires twice, once at the
beginning and once at the end of the exposure. What's this for? The book
doesn't discuss it. (Try it yourself, with the shutter set to 1/4 second or
slower.)