Re: [OM] SUV's and Zuiko's (A WAY OT and long, but maybe informative ra

Subject: Re: [OM] SUV's and Zuiko's (A WAY OT and long, but maybe informative rant)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:31:39 -0800
In a message dated 11/9/2001 Henrik Dahl writes:

<< To a poor foreigner,  please spell out what SUV stands for. It's
something with cars, right? Vans? I just want to know if it's
something I should hemorrhag (love that word) for. >>

Ummm... Well, it is a US Automaker's achronym for "Sports Utility
Vehicle" coined to sell trucks to consumers who would otherwise normally
buy "cars" because they don't want "trucks."

 -snip

Mike Veglia

Uh, is that "sport" as in greasy receding hair, loud shirt, gold neck chain over-the-hill large car motoring kind of sport? :-)
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California