Re: [OM] 8mm Fisheye question

Subject: Re: [OM] 8mm Fisheye question
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 10:22:32 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Michael Virsinger wrote:

> Does anyone remember how to tell whether an 8mm lens is SC or MC? I remember
> that it had something to do with the writing on the outside of the lens, but
> I cannot find the original post.

I believe it was:

        SC - OLYMPUS OM-SYSTEM ZUIKO AUTO FISHEYE 1:2,8 f=8mm
        MC - OLYMPUS OM-SYSTEM ZUIKO AUTO FISHEYE 8mm 1:2,8

Only the rear group and rear element were multicoated, all the others remained
single coated.  You should be able to tell an SC lens from an MC lens by
looking at the rear element.
                                -mark