Re: [OM] New Voigtlander lens for OM

Subject: Re: [OM] New Voigtlander lens for OM
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:53:09 -0800
on 11/10/01 1:42 PM, JOHN SCHEUERER at jhs8956@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Garth and Chris,
> Nice LOOKING lense! I wonder how it would do in tests.
> I sure wish they[Voightlander] would make a Ultra Wide-Heliar 12mm f/5.6
> asph. and/or a Super Wide-Heliar 15mm f/4.5 asph for OM SLRs.
> As a matter of fact I wish almost ANYBODY would make an ultrawide asph.
> lenses for the OM system.
> I own a Samyang 18 to 28 f/4.0 to f/4.5 zoom.
> It takes good pictures but is not asph..Below is a page that contains lense
> reviews and tests on the Voightlander rangefinder lenses.See bottom left of
> page.
>
> John

The Voightlander ultra-wides are not made for use on an SLR body. You would
have to use them with a mirror lock-up only, and with an auxiliary
viewfinder just as on the rangefinder (and rangefinder-less) Voightlander
bodies. If you want to shoot the ultra-wides, you can buy the Bessa L and
the wide lens for about what an Olympus 18/3.5 sells for... it won't be TTL,
but on the other hand it will be *significantly* wider!
--

Jim Brokaw